We Help People Through Stressful Times Every Day

Photo by M. Martinez

Modifications of Custody, Parenting Time & Child Support

Over the years, the needs of your family and children can change such that the existing child custody or support agreements no longer fit the situation. This could be due to changes in the lives of the parents or the children, including relocation, change in income or circumstantial changes. It is important that a modification is granted to ensure that the best interests of the child are protected.

I am attorney Shelley L. Fuller, and I help families achieve modifications to their custody and support decrees to ensure that the agreements continue to serve the best interests of the child. Whether you are seeking increased child support or permission to relocate from the area in which your child lives, I can provide you with customized and compassionate guidance, helping you understand your options and take the proper steps to accomplish the goal.

Relocation cases – in which the custodial parent wishes to relocate out of state, or even just move more than 60 miles away – are particularly complicated. I highly recommend that prior to moving or even discussing a relocation with the other parent, you speak to an attorney about how to build your case for a court approved relocation. If the custodial parent has told you they are moving or wish to relocate, you should speak to a qualified attorney about what your rights are to prevent the move, change custody or modify your parenting time plan. I have extensive experience in advising clients regarding these types of relocation cases.

If you are seeking a modification to your existing child support and child custody agreements, please contact my office today for an initial consultation by calling 503-626-1808.

Portland Custody Modification and Child Support Modification Lawyer

Circumstances change after custody is granted to one parent. It can mean an improvement in one parent’s situation or a deterioration of the other parent’s ability to parent or relationship with the child. In these circumstances, you may wish to speak to an attorney about whether you can seek modification of custody or you may be faced with a non-custodial parent who has filed for modification of custody. In either case, custody modification cases can be stressful and complicated and you need good legal advice to help steer you through this difficult process. I can help.

Parties’ financial circumstances change over time as well. Incomes go up and down. Child care expenses decrease as children get older. Parenting time changes where suddenly or over time, a child is spending more or less time with a parent than was originally ordered in the parties Judgment. Either party may request a modification of child support for any reason every three years, and at any time there has been a substantial change in circumstances. This process can be done through a court proceeding or through the available administrative process through the local county Deputy District Attorney, Support Enforcement Division. This service is free.

Copyright © Shelley L. Fuller, P.C. | Contact | Site Map | Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Website by Dan Gilroy Design