The consequences of a DWI/DUI conviction are significant. Even a first-time DUI conviction can involve steep fines, job loss, jail or prison time, and the stigma of being arrested and accused of a crime. Depending on how you handle the defense of your drunk driving charge, there may be a suspension of your driver's license based on a conviction or Oregon's implied consent laws.
Whether you have never been in trouble with the law or this is your second or third DUI charge in Portland, obtain experienced legal help. I am criminal defense attorney Shelley L. Fuller, and I am committed to helping Oregonians who are going through tough times.
Call me today to schedule a consultation at 503-626-1808.
Experienced DUI And DWI Defense When So Much Is On The Line
There are many misconceptions about the law regarding drunk driving and driving while intoxicated. For clarification, the following are true:
- You don't have to be drunk to be convicted of DUI, DUII or DWI. You need only be "impaired" to a noticeable degree.
- You can be arrested even if your blood alcohol level is lower than .08 percent.
- Intoxication or impairment is not always caused by alcohol. Other substances can cause intoxication or impairment, including prescription medications such as antidepressants and pain killers, drugs such as marijuana and methamphetamines, or a combination of alcohol and other controlled substances.
Understand the potential penalties of a DUI conviction or diversion program in order to make an informed decision about how you can best protect your future. From my law office in Beaverton, Oregon, I can review the evidence against you and help you understand the potential consequences you are facing.
I will not hesitate to fight for the charges against you to be dismissed or greatly reduced based on any violations of your constitutional rights or procedural errors, including mechanical errors with the Breathalyzer test. I can also help you understand, based on our many years' experience handling DUI cases in the tri-county courts, what I believe is a wise, sound course of action to take.
Portland Drunk Driving Defense Attorney: Issues I Can Address
I equip clients with the information and answers they need to make informed decisions that are best for their legal interests and their future. I answer questions such as:
- Can I help you lessen the legal consequences?
- Did the police act improperly in the process of pulling you over?
- Is the evidence stacked against you?
- Is there a way to present you in the best light possible before the prosecutor, judge or jury?
Should I Agree To A Diversion Program?
While a diversion program can help you avoid some of the consequences of a conviction, it does not prevent you from having an arrest record for the rest of your life.
Before you agree to a diversion program, speak to a skilled DUI defense lawyer to learn whether enough evidence can be used in your favor to develop a strong legal argument. Without an experienced attorney, you may not know all of your rights, or whether there is a problem with the evidence against you that suggests that you can win if the case goes to trial.
A Consultation With Hillsboro Drunk Driving Attorneys Is Just A Phone Call Away: 503-626-1808 | Email
Early involvement in a driving under the influence of alcohol case can make a significant difference in the outcome. There are many points along the way at which we can fight for your rights. Contact my law firm today to arrange for your consultation with an experienced criminal defense attorney. Offering reasonable rates. Credit cards accepted.